The Program includes:
- 10 weekly, in-class sessions, 1.5 to 2 hours long, that focus on healthy eating and active living, goal setting, family mealtimes and family physical activity, sleep hygiene, healthy body image and self-compassion, and positive parenting
- 10 weekly, online sessions providing additional content including, activities and recipes, for you to try as a family
- 4 additional group activities offered throughout the program
- 4 additional maintenance sessions offered following the completion of the program
- Introduction to healthy eating and active living
- Setting goals and using effective rewards
- Healthy body image and self-esteem, managing stress and active living for everybody
- Creating positive family mealtimes and physical activity experiences
- Family, food, and getting active outdoors
- Positive parenting
- Cooking and playing together
The program has been designed for families with children aged 8 to 12-years-old who are off the healthy weight trajectory, meaning their Body Mass Index (BMI) for age is above the 85th percentile.
The following requirements must to be met in order to register for the program:
- Child is 8 to 12-years-old with a BMI above the 85th percentile for age
- Parent/caregiver is able to attend all sessions with the child
By registering for the program, families agree to:
- Attend all 10 in-class sessions and complete the weekly online sessions
- Attend the additional group activities and maintenance sessions
- Participate in the evaluation of the program
If you are unsure if your child is off the healthy lifestyle trajectory, please click here.
To find out more about the program or to register for the program, please click here.